I’m taking the roundabout way to get there, but I want to answer some of the other questions that we get asked a lot (or that people don’t even know they should ask until I ask THEM the question).
How can I get involved in your ministry?
Okay, this is really important. I think that a lot of people are very interested in our ministry with Wycliffe Bible Translators. But I also think that a lot of people don’t know it yet. If you found any of our blogs the least bit interesting (if you haven’t read them yet, feel free to peruse the archives!), and you have now come BACK, you are probably interested in our ministry at some level.
Now, I don’t mean that you are being called by God in grand fashion to become a financial partner with this ministry today...I’m not holding my hand out for money or anything like that. But get this. Some of you have known us for the majority of our lives. Some of you have never even met us. Some of you will be working with us in Wycliffe (actually, a lot of you are reading this from the office in Orlando!). And some of you are simply interested in our blog because someone in the UK retweeted my blog post about sign language Bible translation projects a few days back(Twitter is cool like that)!
Whatever your level of interest, YOU are already a part of our team.
Got it? None of you are strangers now to the worldwide work of Bible Translation. I desperately want you to understand this! We, collectively, are a part of what God is doing around the world to bring His Word to the least, the last, and the lost.
Okay, so here is the answer that maybe you were looking for.
We have a team of people around the world (literally - from Brazil and South Korea) that have committed to pray with and for our ministry and family. The number of people is growing all the time, and right now we have had people praying every day for 32 days straight for God to bring a breakthrough in our work. It is such a HUGE privilege and honor to have dear friends and family lifting us up before God daily, and you can be a part of this connection, too. Just send me an email, post a comment, write a Facebook message, call me, write a letter, etc., etc., etc. If you’d like to be a part of our prayer team.

We also have a team of individuals that have committed to giving financially towards the ministry we have with Wycliffe on a recurring basis (monthly, quarterly, or annually). We do not have a guaranteed salary (nope, not even working in the Wycliffe USA headquarters in Orlando) and this is a purely faith-based ministry where we trust the Lord to provide for all of our financial needs.
Since we’re hoping to be released to our assignment in Orlando soon, I would ask that you PRAY about this option. If God clearly directs you to partner with us financially, GREAT! If not, GREAT! We have learned in the past year that God moves in mysterious ways, and there is no pressure on us to motivate or coerce anyone into getting involved. He’ll move in His way in His timing in His pleasure, and so on.
If you do feel that urge to be a financial partner, you can let me know through a call, email, etc., or look to the right side of our blog and click on the link to set up a donation (one-time or recurring through EFT). You can also send in one of our brochures (if you have one) and/or your donation with a SEPARATE note designating the gift to Trevor and Sarah Schuh #218803 to:
Wycliffe Bible Translators
P.O. Box 628200
Orlando, FL 32862
OR, you can just call 1-800-WYCLIFFE and ask your questions over the phone!
Now, I was planning on answering some more questions, but I’ve already been too verbose...so we’ll talk again tomorrow!
Trevor
1 comment:
Great post...we prayed for you this morning!
Post a Comment