Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 24 - Mugshots

Today is another one of those days where we help you to get to know our family a bit. It is, after all, a “Mugshot Monday”.

Welcome to the life of our two-year old...Acácia.

Quick facts:

Birthday: 3/10/07
Daddy and Mommy: Trevor and Sarah
Siblings: 1
Hometown: Wherever Mommy and Daddy are...I can’t keep track

Favorites

Color: PINK
Food: Noodles and Cookies (chocolate chip, just like Mom)
Composer: Bob and Larry (from the band VeggieTales) and Stravinsky (yes, she picked him out on her own...again, it’s not weird!)
Apparel: Pretty dresses and Mommy’s fuzzy socks
Activity: Swinging at the park

I would ask her these questions myself, but every answer would probably be “two”, so I’ll just tell you more about her!

Acácia is two years and four months old and is just getting into that “terrible twos” phase of life, though it’s not nearly as bad as the stories I’ve heard. She has an incredible memory and her language skills are pretty funny to see progress. She understands Portuguese as well as English, as Sarah’s mom only speaks to her in the former. I’m pretty jealous of that fact, but proud of her for knowing both languages at the same time!

She has been a trooper through her kidney problems, too. Acácia developed (or rather under-developed) a kidney reflux when she was a baby, which makes her more prone to Urinary Tract Infections. She’s been in the hospital a few times, had too many catheters, and been poked and prodded quite a bit. If you pray for her, please be praying that she will grow out of this and not need a surgery in the future.

We love our little girl more than I ever thought possible, and if you have ever met her, you know that she is a joyful child of God! She’s every bit of a Daddy’s girl, which I love, and she is just starting to understand a little about who God is. Her prayers can sometimes be profound, thoughtful, and beautiful...especially when she remembers who is “sick” in our family with cancer.

I know this doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Bible Translation, but this is our family...if you are going to be praying for us and investing in our ministry, we think you’d like to get to know us!

So thanks for reading.

Trevor

1 comment:

Justin Randolph said...

praying for you, acacia! we miss you!