So you’re probably wondering why we have a picture of Trevor’s parents up here. After admiring the nice smiles that our supervisor captured on her camera, take a look at WHERE they are.
Bob and Gail Schuh happen to be sitting in one of the empty cubicles in the Offices of the President, A.K.A…Trevor's future desk. They had a chance to visit the headquarters and get a taste of where we’ll be serving for our first term. I think Deb (our supervisor during this time) took this shot as a reminder for us that there is a cubicle waiting for us to fill, and there is work waiting to be done.
This office is where much of the direction for the organization is set. A bunch of behind the scenes work happens here as it is often the starting point for many large-scale projects to accelerate the pace of Bible translation. We’ve had the opportunity to meet and be in close contact with many of the staff in the office already, and we look forward with anticipation to the day when we will be able to work side-by-side with them to get God’s Word to all people in a language that speaks to their heart. The office staff has encouraged us greatly by praying daily for our progress in getting there.
If you don’t already know, Trevor’s job is already clearly defined (Assistant to the President for Special Projects), but mine is not, simply because my role will have to be a little more flexible considering we have kiddos (they are my first priority). I’m kind of excited about today because this afternoon we’ll be discussing with one of our colleagues some different ideas of what my role will be when we get started in Orlando. It is just so cool to know that wherever I end up fitting in, I will be helping bring God’s living, active, sharper-than-a-double-edged-sword Word to the nations around the world. I get excited just thinking about it!
More to come!
Sarah
2 comments:
great workspace! i can see exactly where our picture will be posted on the wall of the cubicle where trevor will be working. how exciting!
This comment is from Erica Shuler (the colleague we spoke with this afternoon..."And it really was so fun talking with you two today! Hope I didn't
bore you with my long-drawn out explanations of the projects we have
waiting for you! Trevor, we are eager to engage you in these
projects... my prayer for you is that you will find them fun and
satisfying to be involved with. Sarah, I am excited to see how your
involvement will grow as you settle into Orlando and care for your
girls. We really are so happy that you're coming!"
Post a Comment