This storm cloud happens to be one of Acacia’s first Sunday school crafts through which her and her classmates learn very basic truths about God.
The other day when we were sitting in the car, I heard her saying, “God teaches us” over and over again...something I didn’t remember teaching her myself. I thought to myself, “Where did this girl learn THAT nugget of wisdom?”
I’ve been reflecting on the fact that both of our girls have endless opportunities to learn about God. We have printed materials, she has Sunday school teachers, she has grandparents on both sides who have walked with the Lord for years on end, she has Bibles written in both languages she is currently learning to speak....her life is, and will be, chock-full of opportunities to learn about this God who created her and who holds her life in His hands.
I don’t think I have to say too much more before you make the connection of why this simple reality just about knocks the wind out of me.
There are children who live thousands of miles away from us who have no opportunity to learn about God in the ways that are most common in our own lives. They don’t have grandparents who have years of experience of walking with the Lord that they might impart wisdom and guide them in the way they should go.
Think about the wealth of wisdom and truth you have, literally “at your fingertips” in a Bible that is written in a language that speaks to your heart. Take a moment to THANK GOD for it. Don’t ever take it for granted.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment