Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 17 - Mugshots

SARAH

Quick Facts -

Name: Sarah Lee Villar Schuh
Birthday: 1-26-84
Hometown: Anywhere between Recife, Brazil; Henderson, NE; Hudson, OH
High School: Nebraska Christian School

Favorites -

Color: Green - because it reminds me of new growth
Ice Cream: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Sports: Soccer - to watch (well, I really only like to watch Brazil)
Composers: Chopin and Bach
Books: Francine Rivers, C.S. Lewis

Now I’ll ask myself a few questions so that you can get to know me better. Maybe it’ll give you a little insight into my life.

What did you think you were going to be when you grew up?

A concert pianist.

How do you feel about how God changed the direction of your life?

While I can honestly say that I deeply miss playing the piano and working on classical music, I wouldn’t change the journey we’re on for the world. I know that God had this in His plan from the beginning. What I’ve learned in my piano studies will go with me in whatever I do. It fostered a love of music, and I’m excited to see how the Lord is going to use it in the roles He puts us in.

What was it that drew you to Wycliffe Bible Translators?

I first really heard about Wycliffe at Cedarville University. A lady by the name of Marilyn Laszlo came and spoke at our missions conference and this is where God pulled at the strings of my heart. What a COOL thing to be a part of in that we can actually help bring God’s living Word to people in the heart language. Ahh!! I love it!

How do you feel about being a mommy?

I honestly never thought I would have kids. Seriously! I was determined to go through life aspiring to be a classical pianist, and kids just really didn’t fit into that picture. And then I met Trevor (as you know, he loves kids, and they love him). God has blessed us with 2 beautiful little girls and I LOVE being a Mom! I never imagined that something that could be so much work could be one of the BIGGEST joys in life. God has taught me about Himself through my kids. I consider an honor, a privilege, and a great responsibility to be a mommy. One I’m eternally grateful for.

Last question...what will your role be once you start your assignment?

My role will constantly be changing depending on what stage the kids are in. I will be a part of the Offices of the President (the office that Trevor will work within) in more of a part-time role. The way I see it, my first responsibilities are to be a support to my husband in whatever he is doing, taking care of the needs of the kiddos, and then working in whatever capacity the Lord allows me to towards the task of Bible translation.

Thanks for coming with!

Sarah

No comments: