
This picture is very special to our family. There is something about it that strikes a chord with where we are at in our lives.
We're on the tracks.
We've hit the road.
Been on a journey.
Not unlike you, I suppose. Not only have we been moved around physically on this journey (Hudson, Dallas, Gibbsville, Stow, and soon Orlando), but we've been on a journey to find a passion for God's heart.
Again, not unlike you.
Seriously...we've put on our traveling shoes. And the road is pretty rough. I feel like these shoes are going to wear through some days. They're starting to look a little threadbare. My big toe is sticking out of a flap that wasn't there when we started. Good thing I know a cobbler.
We wanted to post all of these pictures of our life and family, throw some cute little sayings together, weave our story through photos, and call it a day. We wanted to make something impressive for you to gaze at for its sheer beauty. We wanted you to notice us.
But this is what you get. This is it. This is us. Stripped down. Laid bare. Raw.
And there won't be an apology.
Because we don't have everything together. If you thought that, I suggest you take it back. Now. We're not perfect. Just ask my wife. And just ask her husband. In fact, ask any of our family members.
At the end of the day, we're just like you. I guess we're just like you at the beginning of the day, too. God just happened to call us to something specific when He called us to get involved with Bible Translation. It's something we couldn't, and can't, ignore. If we could have seen the journey we've been on BEFORE we said "OK", I'm not sure we would have done it.
But. (There's always one of those.)
200 million people don't have access to God's Word in their heart language.
............................
Okay, I'm back on the track.
It's not about me anymore. Much of this day has been, I regret to say. How 'bout you? What strikes a chord in your heart?
What makes you get back on the track?
If it's Bible Translation, jump on the track with us. The more the merrier. We've got a whole ragtag bunch of passionate track-jumpers. Hitch-hikers, really. We'll pick up anyone with their thumb held out in desperation!
Today, we're 81% of the way to our financial goal. If you want to join our traveling band, click here and hold on for dear life.
From one dusty traveler to another.
Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment