
I'm going to keep this one brief. (I know what you're thinking...can he BE brief?!)
There is a new resource online that brings the world to your fingertips. It's unbelievable what we have available to us in the age of the internet, isn't it? This new website is called TheWordIsLife.net and it was just launched by Wycliffe International as well as several other partner organizations.
I HIGHLY recommend that you peruse this website. It has (among many other things) current information on THOUSANDS of languages and communities in the world (I don't know for sure, but it seems to be pretty exhaustive). Just click on a world map, choose a country, find a language, and see all of the known stats about the region, number of speakers, religion, access to Bible translations, etc.
Seriously, this is COOL.
You don't even have to be a linguistic geek to appreciate it. Also, there are hundreds of prayer requests from around the world and great stories of how God is using Bible Translation to transform cultures and people with God's Word.
Check it out. You'll be glad you did.
Oh, and if you haven't played around with the audio Bible clips on the right side of this blog, it's really neat. My newest cousin, Annie, speaks Tagalog, which is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL language.
It was relatively brief, right?
Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment