Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Moving Day!

Right now I’m sitting in my living room looking around at the sheer amount of stuff that I have yet to get packed up. We’re on the move again.


We’re in the midst of Phase 1 of our “transitory move” (I totally just made that up...I’m not so sure that transitory is even a word). Tomorrow we will say goodbye to the little apartment that has become our haven of rest over the past 8-9 months and move in with my parents as we prepare to make the move to Florida (Phase 2). We have only $235 left to raise before we’re at 100%(!!!) so we are moving forward with the beginning stages of moving, trusting that the Lord will provide the remaining amount that we need.

As with each place we’ve lived, I’ll store up another set of memories that we’ll take with us from this home. While in this house we have: had our second child, Eliana Carina; celebrated our first daughter, Acacia’s, second birthday; celebrated my 25th birthday; celebrated Trevor and my 3rd anniversary (has it already been 3 years?!); and watched God work in ways we never would have dreamed of as He’s brought this team of believers together to join us in the task of Bible translation.

Are we cleared to start yet? No. God is still waiting for a few of you to respond to His call to join us in this ministry. We thank and PRAISE GOD for how He has moved in the hearts of so many of you to team up with us in serving to translate the Bible. We have been so encouraged by your response to pray and to give.

This is a step of faith. Could it be months before we start yet? Well, I suppose it could. Depends how quickly you respond if you’ve been thinking about joining with us but haven’t yet taken the plunge:) In all honesty, for any of you who have been considering and contemplating whether or not you want to get involved, we pray that God would direct you clearly to act on it...whether that means shooting us an email to let us know that you can’t right now, or that you’re praying about it, OR that you’ve made a decision and you want to sign up. Whatever it is, our hope is that communication would happen.

There’s your challenge for today.

Mine is sitting right in front of me. I’ve got stacks of toys, puzzles, clothes, etc. that need to get boxed up as a step of faith that God is going to finish up bringing the rest of the finances in. Is there a step of faith that God is asking you to take?

Sarah


The goofy girls in their glamorous get-ups.

I'm so big! Just waiting for these teeth to come in.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Stoked! $235 to go. You will be here soon. Woohoo!!!

Bob Creson said...

Praying for you guys and looking forward to seeing you soon!