Or, phrased differently, "Why aren't you in Orlando yet?"There is a very quick and simple answer to this. We are waiting for God to bring our team together.
Again (and again, and again), we cannot begin our first assignment in Orlando with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA until we have reached 100% of our ministry's monthly funding amount. There is a job (with a desk and everything) waiting for us in the Offices of the President, and many people are also waiting for us to fill in the gap that has not been filled in our absence.
I need to emphasize this, as always. We are not focusing on money. We are not just blogging daily in order to ask you for money. We're looking for PARTNERS. We're looking for our TEAM. And actually, WE'RE not the ones looking.
We have confidence that God is CALLING His people to the task of Bible Translation and to our specific ministry, and we can rest in that.
But if YOU have seen our blog (which at this point I am confident that you have!), we need YOU to pray about joining our team in some way. That's not a tough thing, and I'm not pressuring anyone to do anything but pray. I'm pretty sure you can't be angry with me for that!
The big thing that I hope to happen in the next two or three days is that everyone who has come here or knows us personally will seek after the Lord and search His will for a leading ONE WAY OR ANOTHER concerning our ministry with Wycliffe and then TELL US about it.
So this is my question to you.
Will you pray about joining our team (through financial partnership and prayer partnership) and then LET US KNOW if and how you'd like to be involved?
That's my struggle right now. I only have a limited view and limited time and energy to get in touch with everyone that God is working in. I know from my past week that many of you may be WAITING for us to call you, email you, write you, and that you may be excited and interested in partnering with us, but you're just waiting for us to bring it up. I will do my best to connect with you, I really will. But I'm not omniscient. God can lead me directly to you, but He can be leading you directly to me, too.
If you are waiting for us, please consider just calling us up. Or emailing. Or commenting on the blog. Or sending a facebook message. Or tweeting. You get the idea.
If you don't know us very well yet, we would love to get to know you better for the next, oh, 80 years or so as we are all on this journey together. It's a great way to form deep friendships and to encourage one another for years. It's day 39. Of 40. Not that 40 is some special, magical number. But we are trusting in God to BREAK THROUGH.
Are you a part of it?
Trevor
No comments:
Post a Comment